Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Blunder of It All

I haven't posted for a while because, frankly, I keep waiting, fascinated, amused and horrified by turns, for the next political shoe to drop. And there's been a whole shoestore full...

First, the defeat of the bailout bill. Lucky that innocent bystanders weren't trampled to death in the rush of Republican rats deserting the sinking ship that has been their party boat, letting their captain president go down at the helm as he so richly deserves to.

I don't know about you guys, but the last time I heard people pressuring other people to "buy it now, it'll be too late unless you do it right this minute", it was on a used-car lot and the salesman was putting the screws on to unload a lemon.

I have no idea whatever about what's going to happen, but I am relieved that the House came to its senses and that the financial industry will have to clean up its own mess. It was stupidity in Washington and evil on Wall Street that caused this, and now we see the results of 8 years of moron "leadership" and unregulated greed.

Pity we all have to suffer for it. But there's not going to be a recession/depression. That's just scare talk to rattle everybody and get the fat cats rewarded for their unconscionable decisions. I want to see heads roll! I want to see the CEOs of the guilty institutions jumping out of windows! I want to see some accountability at last in a regime that is all about itself and not the least tiniest bit about us.

Which leads me to McCain and his showboating "suspension" of his campaign. What utter rubbish. He didn't suspend anything, not for a heartbeat. He ostentatiously announced he was headed back to DC to "help out his country", then sat on his hands. Oh, he made a bunch of phone calls. And he never ever went NEAR Capitol Hill. So much for his "help". In his own words: "Some people have criticized my decision to put my country first, but I will never, ever be a president who sits on the sidelines when this country faces a crisis.'' No, just having dinner with Lieberman and other cronies. And : "I know that many of you have noticed, but it's not my style to simply 'phone it in.' "

Yeah, right.

As for the Twinkie of the North, Palin brightly and nastily chirps that she has been listening to Senator Biden since she was in the second grade. She can't even get insults right: she's 44. Assuming that she was a second-grader (and probably even then a second-rater, though there's no word that she attended second grade six times, the way she did college) when she was 8, may I, by no means the best mathematician amongst us, remind her that Joe Biden was NOT IN the Senate 36 years ago. So not only can't she do simple math, she can't tell the truth. But we knew that.

And if she's going to play the age/DC-insider experience card, I suggest she take a look at that silver-haired hack who's heading up her ticket. Than whom there is NO one agier or more DC-experienced. Oopsie!

I cannot WAIT for her debate Thursday against Senator Biden. Please, Joe, do NOT blow this most solid-golden of opportunities. I want to see steam coming out of her beehive hairdo. I want to see her eyes pop and her head explode with the effort of having to produce coherent answers to simple questions. I want her synapses to fry themselves like bacon as they attempt to bridge the vast echoing void that is her brain. I want vengeance for every wolf and moose she's slaughtered.

And then I want her gone. Put her back in the deep freeze of her home state. If they aren't smart enough to dump her fundamentalist fundament, then they deserve her. But the rest of us don't.

Oh, and I read in the London Times (I guess no paper here is brave enough to print it) that McCain and Palin want to make a public occasion of the shotgun wedding of sex-uneducated Bristol Palin and her redneck babydaddy. Because it's so, you know, happy and uplifting for the nation to get to watch as two unprepared kids are forced into wedlock which will probably last all of six months. Hey, what happened to keeping your kids out of the limelight, Sarah? Oh, right, only when you can cold-bloodedly use them to shore up your political ass. What a piece of garbage.

Let's do what needs to be done with garbage, shall we? Just take out the trash. It's already stinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home