Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Friday, May 05, 2006

A True Citizen of Blogovia!

My goodness! Dig THIS...


<<
“…[I]f I should take it into my head to insult you, and you could not answer in kind, I would be obliged to pay you a blush-fine — in proportion to your honor-price, of course, which is also set by law….”

“Such a law must be hard on your satirists.”

“Oh, they are exempt.” They both laughed, and Ríonach added, “But for the sake of that exemption, they can claim insult from no one….”

Under such a law, the President could lay it back on Mr. Colbert with no fear. (Of couse, Ríonach added to that, “Still, it doesn’t seem to blunt their tongues….”)>>>


That's a blogger quoting from my first novel, "The Copper Crown"! It delights me to see it employed in such a case (the blogger is commenting on the Steve Colbert/White House comedy routine the other day), and I appreciate the shout-out so much I left a comment on his site.

A serendipitously happy moment for the day. Thank you, Harperbruce!


The blog is worth reading... http://harperbruce.com/blog/2006/04/30/stephen-colbert-at-the-white-house-press-dinner/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home