Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Biden Our Time

Well, it's official. And though I can't say I'm thrilled---it's not exciting enough for that---I am very pleased.

I've always liked Biden, in spite of his distressing propensity to stick foot in mouth (the "Oops, Did I Say That Out Loud? Syndrome): he's smart, he's savvy, he's got loads of all the kinds of experience Obie doesn't have (ODISTOL???). Plus, even after all these years he never works on the anniversary of the 1972 death of his wife and daughter in a horrific accident with a tractor-trailer---a sensibility I can totally empathize with, as I do something just like it myself.

And he doesn't bring the baggage (at least not as much baggage) that Hillary would bring (especially the 6'1 piece of baggage albatrossity hanging around her neck).

I don't get these alleged Democrats (read "Repuglican trolls") who are now bellowing how they will vote McCain. How the hell do they figure McCain will be better:? He's still a lying, flipflopping, elitist pigdog WHO CALLED HIS WIFE A CUNT IN PUBLIC and who can't remember how many houses he owns. He has lied consistently and spectacularly about his voting record and his support for Chimpy-in-Chief. His term would be a mere extension of the Chimp's policies, and probably worse, since he wants to keep us in Iraq for the next 100 years and get us into Iran as well.

I hope Biden goes after him with all the fury of, well, a Fury. Obama has been notoriously soft on attack. I want to see McCain nailed to the wall.

But I fear, deep down in my shivering soul, that once more the Democrats will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Pray it isn't so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home