Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Bear That Walks Like A Man

Rudyard Kipling was right about Russia. They're nothing but furtive, secretive, outrageous bullies. What the HELL do they think they're doing invading Georgia (which I wish they would use a different name for in English, since it's so confusing...)?

People are watching the Olympics, so all of a sudden the Russkies think it's a good time to go marching into Czechoslovakia...oops, Georgia. I thought all this sort of thing ended when their pitiful Commie empire broke up and the Wall came down. When will they get it into their thick, borscht-for-brains peasant heads that they can't just decide they want some of their neighbors' land and march in to get it whenever they feel like it?

The breathtaking audacity of whoever it was baldly stating that "the world had better forget about Georgian integrity"??? What is WRONG with these people?

Okay, we're neither blameless or spotless in this area ourselves, but as far as I know we've never tried to annex a piece of Canada or Mexico, not recently anyway. I don't see tanks rolling into Alberta...

Yeesh. Between the Russians and the Chinese, I am utterly fed up with the Reds (and they're still Reds in Russia, don't let them try to tell you differently...)...why can't we have a new Peter the Great (despot, but benevolent despot) or Lao Tze running things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home