Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Samhain to All, And To All A Good Fright!

A bright and blessed Samhain to my brother and sister Pagans and Witches, and a nice fun Halloween to everybody else...

And Happy Birthday to my darling nieceling Shannie (who as a little girl thought that people dressed up every year in honor of her natal day, and who's to say they didn't)!

I will spend the night as I always do, just quietly at home with Jim, and whoever else wishes to drop by. I do a little ritual just to set the table, as it were, then kick back. The menu is usually pork with home-fried potatoes and chopped onions, all nice and brown, an apple turnover or soda bread or a scone, a hunk of Cheddar and some apple cider. The guests seem to like it.

This year, sadly, I also expect two of my best friends in the whole world: David Walley, who died in 2006, and Susie Donoghue, who died in March.

And since this is the Celtic New Year's Eve, and time to consider and take stock, I want to thank you all for making Blogspot so much fun for me this past year. Let's keep it going.

So, leave something out for your own guests, and put a candle in the window and let it burn till dawn, so they know where to come, and have a lovely and blessed New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home