Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Monday, August 28, 2006

I Love Quizzes

This is from my niece Shannon's blog...I won't publish her user name....

If you leave a comment to this post I will:
1) Respond with something random about you.
2) Tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3) I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4) I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5) I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6) I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7) I'll tell you something that I've always wondered about you.
If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.


On August 25th, 2006 12:08 am, [my niece] replied:
1) Nassssty hobbitsesss, preciousss.
2) Pirates of the Caribbean or Lord of the Rings … take your pick!
3) Licorice.
4) “I’ll get that blasted mouse if it’s the last thing I ever do!” (And no, we aren’t making it up, it did happen.)
5) My first clear memory of you was that Christmas, but there are much better ones later on. One of my favorites of course being Trilogy Tuesday and the day you took me to get my Rose.
6) A phoenix. :)
7) I wonder where your courage came from to defy what was taught to you as a child in order to take a different route. I wish I had that kind of courage, and I wonder if my headstrong mother shouldn’t take more of the blame for me being in a position that doesn’t suit me right now.


On August 28th, 2006 04:00 pm, pkmorrison replied:
Ha!

I hate licorice...how 'bout CHOCOLATE? Or even raspberry?? Or chocolate raspberry??? ;)

As for #7, let's just put it down to sheer unadulterated orneriness from birth and the inspiration of my role model Lucy Van Pelt... And you can be that way too! :D

And because turnabout is fair play:
1) Boots!
2) LOTR or POTC…depends on the day. “Chocolat” good, too… ;)
3) Watermelon
4) “I love the smell of cutlass in the morning!”
5) First: when I picked you up for the first time and did everything but juggle with plates to get you to smile. You were a tough audience...and still are! Clearest: you singing with your sister, in the limousine in the rain with your grandma and me (you remember…☹ ), both lovely and sad—and I sat and listened with tears and thought how very, very lucky I was in the niece department…
6) Otter.
7) I wonder how the heck you got to be so incredibly smart in math and science AND are also so literary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home