Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Way Down, Below The Ocean

Sorry, I keep forgetting to update this blog...


I see where Google Earth is emphatically denying it has discovered the location of Atlantis. (It's in the Pegasus galaxy, of course, as we all know very well!).

Apparently a recently released image shows startlingly regular lines, like a street grid, just off the western Africa coast, in the neighborhood of the Azores. Which is, as many of you may know, one of the historically possible locations of Atlantis...beyond the Pillars of Hercules.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this. Oh, Google Earth is braying that the regularity of the lines is due to some mechanical reason, that's just the way the pics are taken, ship tracks or something. But I wouldn't be so sure.

Still, Plato is really specific about the structure of Atlantis: three rings of land, two of sea, concentric circles, etc. So a New York-like grid the size of Wales, with eight-mile-long "streets", probably isn't it.

But it's lovely to think about, and who's to say that Google Earth won't discover Numenor one of these fine days? (Oh look, that was my house, right over there, the one with the columns...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home