Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I want to thank everyone here, even though I still haven't figured out how to let you post comments, for giving me such a gift as your reading this blog.

I was a bit nervous at first, knowing how many hostile, hateful people are out there, and yeah, there were a few who got through on MySpace, and who were swiftly shut down (including those delusional individuals who claimed to actually BE me...and yet people say I'M delusional...).

But overwhelmingly all of you have been positive and friendly and affirming, of me and Jim both, and I just want to thank you.

And also to ask, of your great kindness, if you have ever enjoyed anything I've written, especially "Strange Days", to please post a review on Amazon to counteract all the horrible ignorant malicious lying crap I know is out there. It would mean a lot to me to know that you believe what I've written and that you prefer to learn about a Jim that nobody else knew or, indeed, shared, instead of the vested-interest party-line nonsense spouted down the years.

Again, thanks for all your support, and I will try to keep up my end of the Blogger bargain by being as topical, entertaining and utterly truthful as I know how to be.



Brightest blessings to you,

Patricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home