Mrs Morrison's Hotel

The 100% personal official blog for Patricia Kennealy Morrison, author, Celtic priestess, retired rock critic, wife of Jim

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I was born..no, wait, sorry, that's "David Copperfield". Anyway, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, went to school in upstate NY and came straight back to Manhattan to live. Never lived anywhere else. Never wanted to. Got a job as a rock journalist, in the course of which I met and married a rock star (yeah, yeah, conflict of interest, who cares). Became a priestess in a Celtic Pagan tradition, and (based on sheer longevity) one of the most senior Witches around. Began writing my Keltiad series. Wrote a memoir of my time with my beloved consort (Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison). See Favorite Books below for a big announcement...The Rennie Stride Mysteries. "There is no trick or cunning, no art or recipe, by which you can have in your writing that which you do not possess in yourself." ---Walt Whitman (Also @ pkmorrison.livejournal.com and www.myspace.com/hermajestythelizardqueen)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let Nothing You Dismay

I can't hope to improve on this email from my dear friend Mary the beautiful and talented and brave, so I'm just reprinting it, with profound thanks and gratitude...


O Best Beloveds, I love the words associated with this season. Peace. Joy. Merry. (Oh, and feasting. Can't forget that.) I wish you all that, and so much more. Can one make merry joyfully and peacefully? Let's resolve to find out!

Thank you for being your own beloved selves. And thank you with all my heart for being along with me this past year. We have no idea what this next year will bring, but let us stay within the spirit of the season, and assume it will be heavy on the good tidings of comfort and joy. Comfort and joy, we say!

So Merry Christmas and, what the hey, God bless us, every one.



Not much to add to that except to wish you, in the words of our dear Terry Pratchett, "holly, and jolly, and other things ending in -olly!"
And thank you all for your love and friendship and support and wit and wisdom. See you in the New Year!

Patricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home